Have you ever experienced/witnessed a preterm delivery?
Premature babies, specially those born quite early tend to have high medical complications. Depending on
how early the baby is born, the baby may be Late Preterm (between 34-36 weeks of pregnancy), Moderately Preterm
(between 32-34 weeks of pregnancy), Very Preterm (less than 32 weeks of pregnancy) or Extremely Preterm(born at
less than 25 weeks of pregnancy). For the healthy being of the mother as well as the child, the parents should
have a core knowledge of high risk pregnancy management techniques by consulting an experienced and a well known
What are the causes of preterm delivery?
Below listed are the few missteps due to which premature birth happens.
- Poor nutrition before and during pregnancy.
- In taking too much alcohol or smoking frequently.
- Premature birth in previous pregnancy.
- Women suffering from diabetes, high blood pressure or heart diseases.
- Bearing a child in the womb before the age of 17 or after the age of 35.
- An abnormal/unhealthy functioning of uterus.
- Pelvic Pain
- Extreme High Flow During Menstruation
How to prevent premature baby birth?
- Quit smoking before conceiving itself.
- Avoid consuming alcohol or any other recreational drugs.
- Eat nutritious and well balanced diet for a healthy baby and mother as well.
- Avoid lifting heavy weights or standing for too long.
- Minimize the amount of mental stress and relax your mind through meditations and yoga.
- Avoid diseases or infections during pregnancy which can compromise your immune system.
- If you have a history of premature child birth, consult your Gynaecologist even before conceiving about the health of your uterus.
- Visit your doctor regularly for prenatal care.
- Do not eat raw or unpasteurized food items.
- Seek information about Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs).
- Improve your general hygiene.
Things does not always go as planned and giving birth to a premature baby is a life threatening experience for both
the mother as well as the baby. To know the causes and possibilities of a preterm birth, visit the best gynaecologist
in chandigarh and
experience the blessing of bringing a fully developed and a healthy baby into this world.